I get many calls from businesses asking for help with their marketing so I thought I’d share seven of my top tips with you.
1. Most importantly know who your customers are and where they are (are they on Facebook, LinkedIn, the radio?) – you can’t market your product to everyone and you’d be wasting money if you did so it’s absolutely crucial that you know this information so that you can target the people that are most likely to buy from you.
2. Remember that selling and marketing are not the same the same thing they are very different. Marketing is what takes place before you get to the buying process that leads to the ‘sale.’ I have written a more detailed blog on this so have a look.
3. If you use social media (which you should be) don’t always use promotional posts telling people about your product or service, give them advice and tips as well. This will help you to build relationships with your online community. Of course it’s still ok to tell people about you but it’s a good idea that only 1 in 4 posts should do this.
4. Test different marketing methods such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads or leaflets and set a goal as to want you want to achieve from them. Track the results from this – was your objective successful? If it wasn’t don’t be too disappointed as finding out what doesn’t work is as important as finding out what does. Just test other methods – every business is different so what works for one doesn’t always work for another.
5. It’s YOU that makes your business unique, use this to your advantage and let your personality shine through in marketing materials and when you’re talking to your current and potential clients. This all helps to build trust and long term business partnerships.
6. When preparing adverts don’t waste space. Words perform better than graphics so choose your text carefully. Always include a ‘call to action’ – this is what you want your audience to do (do you want them to ‘sign up’, ‘download’, visit your website).
7. Remember that marketing takes time and should be constant. You can’t expect to carry out a weeks promotion and the world then knows about you! It can take at the very least six months to see results of your marketing so don’t give up.
To see how I can help you with your marketing contact me for a free no obligation chat on 01303 647101 or email email@example.com