Why use videos?
A video is such a great way to inject your personality into your brand. It shows the real you, the way you talk, smile, explain things. People buy from those they like and trust and a business video will help establish these traits enabling you to connect with your audience. Once someone gets a ‘feel for you’ they are more likely to buy from you. Here’s an example of one of my videos:
Videos on your business website will help you achieve all of the above but will also push your site up the Google ranking making it easier for potential customers to find you. Remember your video doesn’t need to be a Steven Spielberg production so you need to get over that fear of talking to the camera and what you look like and get yourself out there!
To give you confidence here are my tips to get you started:
1. Work out what you’re going to say and pop a few bullet points on a post-it-note
2. Make sure the location you are recording in has good lighting and is quiet. I find it best to have my laptop slighter higher as well so you’re not looking down (this can be quite unflattering!) You may also need to buy an external microphone (like the one I have in the picture, which I think costs around £10 online)
3. Look presentable. I’m not suggesting you go and have a make over but it’s important to look professional
4. Use your video software on your computer or I also use screenomatic which is great for screen sharing. Place your post-it-note with your bullet points just under the camera to prompt you so you don’t forget what you’re saying
5. Speak slowly and relax, remember not to use industry jargon – if you’re not happy you can re-record!
6. Watch the video back to make sure the sound and lighting is okay and that the background behind you looks professional (no snoring dogs or an untidy desk!)
7. Include a call to action – what do you want your viewers to do after watching your video
8. Get sharing! Pop your video on your social media sites, website and YouTube Channel.
9. Most of my clients look at me in horror when I suggest they create a video and say they wouldn’t know what to talk about. So a few ideas include: a tutorial on how to do something, showing how a product works, introducing a member of staff or a virtual tour of your shop.
Pop over and subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get some more ideas and free marketing tips.