Social media is mostly free (always a bonus!) and is a great way to help build relationships with potential and current customers – remember people will buy from those they like and trust. Below I give you some tips on how to use social media in your marketing to increase your followers and build that all important relationship that will help you gain more clients:
- Post where you are most likely to reach your potential customers – are they on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn? You’re wasting your time if you are posting to a platform that your ideal
customer is not using.
- There are so many media platforms now to choose from that it can be a bit of a minefield trying to decide where to post. My advice is to pick two or three platforms so that you can post great content consistently rather than trying to post to every platform occasionally.
- Put aside time to create your content to post – this should all be part of your marketing strategy. There are some great apps out there that you can use to schedule your posts in advance. Be consistent, try and post at the very least once a day. Remember marketing takes time to have an effect so don’t post for two weeks and then give up!
- Each social media platform is targeted to a different audience so consider this when writing your content.
- Fill out your profiles completely so that your customers can find your website, services,
opening times, location and contact details easily.
- Don’t sell, sell, sell. People hate this and they will get bored and switch off. Use your social media to give advice which will help you to build relationships and trust. By all means post your product or service details or offers you have but remember the 1 in 4 rule (only 1 out of 4 posts should be used to sell).
- Finally, as with all aspects of your marketing you should evaluate your social media campaigns. What are you trying to achieve and has it been successful? If you’re not tracking your marketing you’re wasting your time.
Follow my Facebook page to get my marketing, time and money tips.
I manage social media accounts for my clients by writing and scheduling their posts to save them time. If I can help you with this side of your business then feel free to drop me an email for your free consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org