If you run your own business it can feel like there is never an off switch. You are always thinking about what you should be doing even it’s it 10pm at night! Many people set up their own business so that they can manage their work/life balance so it’s important to remember that and have time for yourself. Below I give you a few tips on how to keep your stress levels down.
- Do one thing at a time so you can give that particular task your full focus and complete it without mistakes. This works equally for your personal life.
- Write ideas down so you don’t forget them. Set reminders on your calendar so you remember your tasks. This will take the stress out of trying to manage everything at once. This works for responsibilities at work and home
- If you’re working on something and you don’t understand it ask! People won’t think you’re silly so don’t get stressed about not being sure. It’s good to clarify what’s being asked of you and will save you less time if you know what’s expected so you can get it right first time.
- Set clear boundaries with your customers. If you work 9am-5pm don’t feel guilty by saying so if someone asks if you can work outside these hours. You need to have time for your private life as well as business. I’m not suggesting you never work outside your set hours but just be sensible and don’t get taken advantage of just because you work for yourself.
- Delegate! Don’t try and do everything yourself. If you can outsource some tasks then do so. This will save you a huge amount of time and money.
- Take your lunch break! Make sure you schedule in a break during the day and use this time
to relax. Switch off from work completely for an hour and you’ll be more productive.
- Only check your emails twice a day so you don’t get distracted from the work you have set yourself. Allow half an hour to deal with the emails, this routine will help you feel less over whelmed.
- Finally don’t forget to relax at weekends doing what YOU enjoy.